Thursday, February 24, 2011

Commissions Galore!

These last few weeks have been quite exciting on the knitting front (that's not something you'd hear everyday I'll bet). I received my first two commissions. Yup, people want me to make them things.

The first wasn't really a new commission, it was more of one that I'd agreed to prior the shop and my dreams of handicraft domination began being realised. I believe the deal was struck at the local pub one Friday afternoon during after-work drinks. But, regardless of the circumstances, the deal was struck and once I was reminded of it... I got to work making it happen.

And the results:


Charming Eyelet Handwarmers
Aren't they sweet? I'm quite proud of this pair - I had the idea of using rows of eyelets to jazz up an otherwise plain stitch and as I knitted along I decided on the wrist level row. You can't see the eyelets too well in these photos as my model has teeny tiny hands and they were knitted for a lady with more medium size hands, but you get the idea.

This soft snuggly little pair made up my second sale. Thanks Zelucie!

The second commission came from a friend of mine who is heading to Europe in a few months' time. Bec, who authors pour ameliorer (a blog for all things renovation) asked me to create some warm things to keep her from turning into an iceblock on Anzac Day in Gallipoli. We talked about what she wanted and came up with two items.

A cloche hat similar to:

Courtesy of craft-recipes.com

and a scarf based on this pattern,


but using kid mohair wool:

Courtesy of angelyarns.com

it's like wearing a cloud.
I promise.

Try it.

Ask me to make you one.

1 comment: