Sunday, January 30, 2011

Knitting, knitting, knitting

After a brief hiatus I'm back knitting madly, creating new stock for the store, coming up with new ideas. The cabling was going well - I had managed to complete the 6-stitch twist and started on a braid, but I'm not very diligent when it comes to keeping track of my rows. I ended up completely lost after 3 repeats and decided to frog it. I'm not very sentimental when it comes to ripping out my work. Once I've made the decision it's actually quite enjoyable.


Finished braid

If/once I finish the cabled stripes, I'm considering turning them into a cushion. I have oodles of hobby fill left over from a failed attempt at an amigurumi alien and I think it would look lovely on an armchair or couch. Of course in the soft squishy acrylic yarn it would nice and snuggly. Come to think of it, it would match this blanket really nicely.



I've just the pair of lacy handwarmers and posted them to the site and I've also been thinking about a few other ideas - I'm going to try the knit/crochet combo which is new for me, and considering making a few longer pairs for something different.


Lacy black handwarmers and scary post-gardening hands


No comments:

Post a Comment