Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cable Crazy

A supreme amount of unmotivation today has lead me to put most of the things I should have been doing to one side and do "fun things". The creation of pumpkin soup being one of those (Margaret Fulton rocks my world - her recipes are impossible to stuff up and taste fantastic), the second being teaching myself how to cable knit.



It's not that hard, well, not nearly as hard as I expected. As you can see I've only done 2 repeats of a stock standard 6 stitch cable (crossed every 8th row for those of you playing at home), but I expected much more drama than the occasional fumble with three needles - my cable needle is quite long.

These past few weeks of holidays have produced some exciting new crafty bits and pieces, not to mention the opening of my very own Etsy Store! Naturally after many months of zero research and lots and lots of thinking I just went ahead and did it. Hopefully as I bumble along I'll improve it, add items and slowly but surely take over the handmade world! Muwahahaha...*cough cough*... ahem, excuse me.

Have a quick look at what I've managed to produce this festive season- progress has been made on the granny stripe - it's so vibrant and colourful that even though it's so far from being finished it's still gives me a happy glow every time I look at it:


A new pair of handwarmers - my own design:


This is a ball of the kid mohair I used to make stoles for both my mother and my boyfriend's mother - it's spun from the wool gathered after the baby goat's first shear. A bit extravagant but it's like crocheting with a cloud. So soft! And the idea of the little baby goats getting their first shearing is too adorable.


Well, the cable calls - and I'm done fiddling around with these damn pictures to try and make the spaces between them and the text more aesthetically pleasing to my eyes.

Cheers,
Nik

No comments:

Post a Comment