Thursday, April 7, 2011

I'm a (happy) little teapot

I would like to share with you my newest (and favouritest) impulse purchase. I'm usually pretty good at resisting the temptation of pretty things in homeware stores since my partner and I live in a 3 bedroom house with 2 other people. If I don't need it then I try not to buy it because the thought of trying to fit one more thing into the kitchen cupboard or the wardrobe has the potential to reduce me to tears some days.

This little set, however, grabbed me the moment I saw it. Thinking back, I realise that I must have presented the absolute picture of the stereotypical woman impulse shopper. I was walking past my local Robin's Kitchen and stopped dead when I saw these little beauties on sale out the front. Absolutely stopped dead in my tracks - if anyone had been behind me, they would have cannonballed into me with no way of preventing it. It would have been worth it.

How could anyone be anything but happy drinking out of these?



Pardon the stained, wrinkled tablecloth in the background
It's a Maxwell Williams set that was obviously not selling well - looking at the discount. I bought the whole lot - teapot, small plate and two cups and saucers - for $21.96. I adore Maxwell Williams (no one paid me to say that) and am surprised that these didn't sell well - the cups are a little chunkier than I would normally prefer, but the colours totally sold me.


This little set is now my companion for when I work from home (usually once a week), which happens to be today. Between you and me, it's 10:40am and I am coming perilously close to consuming my own weight in tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment